Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dolce & Gabbana S/S 09' - Bellissima!!


Domenico Dolce & Stefano Gabbana gave us "Pajama Baroque" for their S/S 09' collection. The collection represents a young girl who falls asleep in her boyfriend's pajamas and begins to dream of her true fashion fantasy. Extreme volume, interesting shapes and an abundance of flowers were all apart of her dream. This was a true fantasy!

I have to say when I first saw the collection, I thought it looked familiar. I couldn't quite place it until I had my second run-through, when I realized the collection reminded me tremendously of a mixture between Prada, Vuitton and Alexander McQueen. Usually this would turn one off and leave them sort of OVER the collection. However, this collection did not bore me at all. I enjoyed following this girl through what appeared to be a magical moment for her. She was finally getting to really live out her fantasy as it relates to fashion. We all live for that moment.

So instead of being uninspired, the collection actually inspired me. It inspires you to live and enjoy fashion for what it truly is. It's no secret, in the United States we are going through an economic crisis and while this can certainly bring down the spirits; this collection tells you to continue to dream. Continue to fantasize and continue to flex your
creativity and I think that message is beautiful.

At the end of the show, we saw an extreme use of flowers on a mesh-like material, which to me symbolizes that no matter how hard or difficult times may be; we can still blossom and still grow as individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment