Tuesday, September 30, 2008

DEMEULEMEESTER S/S 09'



I have pondered for the last few days if Demeulemeester would give us a more refined girl this season, just as we received from Rick Owens and Yohji Yamamoto. As expected, she did. While her signature unconstructed jacket was very apparent in the collection, this season she paired it with draped blouses and skinny cropped pants.

We then began to see these really simple but interesting short cotton-jersey T-shirt dresses, which were reminiscent of toga's. One thing that was interesting was the face that she did not compromise on her use of crystals as we saw them sporadically placed on the majority of the looks. She used some embroidery techniques to give us a new and fresh take on her use of crystals, which was actually eye-pleasing.

While I am happy we see this refined girl that I have raving about, I am not so excited about the collection. I don't think it is bad but it's just not inspiring to me. There are a few great pieces, here and there but overall the collection can be easily forgotten.


No comments:

Post a Comment