Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Balenciaga? - Not so much....


Ghesquiere has been showing us his idea of futurism for the past few seasons. It started for Spring 08′ with the ever so popular, structured, multi-colored floral print concoctions; and has continued to be seen in every collection.


This collection started with flat neutral colors but the bulk of it was full of glitz and shine— metallics, sequins and foil-like material.


I felt, the most interesting thing of the entire show was how the gloves are sewn onto the jackets and the tights are pulled over the shoes. I am curious as to how the shoes will be sold? It may be sort of cool if the tights came with them. No?


I understand that it is very hard for Nicholas Ghesquiere to continue to give us fresh, new ideas without everything starting to look the same. However, I have to say that I do not like this collection at all. AT ALL. I think Nicholas is probably one of the most talented designers in the industry right now and I have to say, I expected so much more. I am slightly disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment